Saturday, December 12, 2015

More "One Afternoon Tutorials"

A few years ago, I compiled a long list of historical costume-related projects that could be completed in an afternoon.  It occurs to me that, since I compiled that list, I have encountered (and in some cases tried out) additional tutorials that deserve a place on the list.  So here are a few more tutorials for quick historical costume projects that one could easily do over the holidays. 

From Janet Stephens's video tutorials:
The earring project took me less than 5 minutes to complete, and the necklace not very much longer.

From Catrijn vanden Westhende: 
From Teffania's Stuff: 
From Craft Stylish:
The photographs on the page will show you what Dorset buttons look like.

From Jen Thompson, at Festive Attyre:
Some one-afternoon garments don't need much of a tutorial, such as my Iron Age skirt. Sometimes it's better to simply look through one's fabric stash,  measure, experiment, and have fun.  I hope these tutorials (and the last-minute projects I talk about on my blog) will inspire someone to do that.

EDIT: (12/17/2015) Fixed two broken URLs in the list; apologies to anyone who might have been frustrated by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment